Home » Kitchen Remodel in McLean Virginia
As part of a whole house remodel and interior reconfiguration, Commonwealth Home Design completely redesigned and modernized the kitchen to improve workflow, open the floor plan, maximize space, better integrate adjacent eating areas, and upgrade aesthetics. The previous kitchen design was cramped and outdated. The space was chopped up with too many walls, which were strategically removed to open things up. A massive range hood had become the focal point of the room because of its disproportionate size. The project included:
- Installing a new commercial-grade stove/range on an exterior wall, between existing windows. A range hood cabinet was built into the design of the space rather than cluttering the view of the kitchen. A pot filler faucet was added over the stove for functionality and an interesting visual element.
- Replacing a long peninsula island that blocked off the kitchen from the breakfast area with a large, functional, eat-at kitchen island that includes a microwave drawer.
- Widening doorways to open the floor plan into an adjacent dining and breakfast area, and installing new structural beams.
- Installing custom painted cabinets with walnut drawer boxes to hold kitchen utensils. The top tray glides back to reveal another level of storage underneath. Drawers with pegs serve as placeholders for dishes in addition to traditional cabinet space.
- Bright White
- Contemporary Design
- Hardwood Floors
- Kitchen Remodel
- New Built-in Shelves and Cabinets
- Oversized Island
- Stainless Steel Appliances